Today, with the growing popularity and use of the Internet, ” e-commerce ” is in vogue. However, what are these “e-commerce” and “e-commerce business”?
When we all buy and sell any product online, we also become a part of e-commerce. Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Alibaba, etc. These types of online shopping websites are called e-commerce websites.
This is because these types of websites offer the opportunity to buy/sell products online. The benefits of E-COMMERCE are many and through it our lifestyle process has become much easier.
That’s what I think.
Some examples of e-commerce are –
- Online Shopping
- Electronic Payments
- Online Auctions
- Internet Banking
- E-ticketing / Online Ticketing
- Online hotel booking
- Online train & flight booking
So let’s first know what is e-commerce
What is an e-commerce business?
” E-commerce “, the full form of the word is ” electronic commerce ” or ” internet commerce “.
The process of buying and selling any goods (goods and services) using the Internet is called eCommerce.
In buying and selling through the online Internet, data and online payment / online transactions are exchanged between the buyer or seller.
However, at present, almost every eCommerce business offers the facility of cash on delivery for offline payment of customers instead of selling products.
The term e-commerce refers to selling any physical product through the Internet.
Again, the variety of commercial transactions made through the Internet can also be considered eCommerce.
However, every aspect of an online business can be called eCommerce.
And, the businesses that are controlled through the online Internet are called e-commerce businesses.
Similarly, the websites through which it is possible to buy and sell products online are called e-commerce websites .
For example, Amazon, Alibaba, or eBay.
So, friends, I hope you understand what e-commerce or e-commerce business is.
What is the history of e-commerce business?
Thus the process of e-commerce was not possible without a computer.
And, in those old days, it was not possible for ordinary people to have a computer device in their house.
Therefore, it can be said that the possibility of e-commerce and its planning did not occur to anyone.
It is said that on August 11, 1994, the world’s first e-commerce sale was made online.
This is when a person sells a CD online through his website ” NetMarket “.
It is known that NetMarket was an online music store.
However, sometime later, Jeff Bezos, by July 5, 1994, in the popular E-commerce platform began we call the ” Amazon ” in the name of the sugar.
That time was a very good time for online business/e-commerce business.
Because ordinary people could enjoy this new feeling of buying products through the Internet.
Amazon , the online book (books) have been working with the business to be sold. In its first year, Amazon sold about 1 million books online.
Thus, from time to time amazon began to gain more and more popularity and in a very short time became the favorite e-commerce website of the public where Amazon is now available for everything.
After 1995, the general public began to use computers more and more.
And so, online business has become a hugely lucrative opportunity.
At that time, payment was collected through check as opposed to selling the product.
However, with the advent of PayPal in 1996, online payment became much more convenient.
And today, with the popularity of online buying and selling, online business opportunities are available in almost every country.
As a result, in every country you will find various e-commerce websites or portals for buying and selling online.
Hopefully, you have learn a lot about the history of e-commerce.
What are the types of e-commerce?
There are many different types of e-commerce. However, the main types are –
- Business to consumer (B2C)
- Business to business (B2B)
- Consumer to consumer (C2C)
- Consumer to business (C2B)
Let’s know in detail about the types of e-commerce.
Business to consumer (B2C)
In the process of this business, the product is sold to the consumer.
This means that any ordinary person can at least buy a product by ordering it online.
In this process there is a direct transaction between business and consumer.
This type of e-commerce is the most common.
For example, customers can buy products directly from online platforms like Flipkart , Amazon etc.
Business to business (B2B)
You may have heard the name and understood what this type of e-commerce business is all about.
Hey, in the case of B2B e-commerce, it involves the transaction process between two merchants or businesses.
For example, suppose is a company that buys products from other companies and then sells them without making the product itself.
So in this case, the two businesses are buying and selling online and so this type of e-commerce will be caught in B2B e-commerce.
Moreover, you cannot buy one or two products here. Bulk (in large numbers) to order the product.
The product is bought as the minimum selling amount given by the seller.
For example, Daraz, IndiaMart, TradeIndia, Alibaba, etc.
Consumer to consumer (C2C)
Here the transaction is between two consumers.
This means that two consumers buy and sell products/services to each other online.
Such as eBay, QUIKR, or OLX.
Using these websites, a person can sell his services or products to another person or buy products from another person.
Consumer to business (C2B)
This is an electronic commerce business model, where transactions take place between the consumer and the business.
Here, consumers offer to sell their products, products or services to the companies and the companies buy them with the money of the consumers.
For example, online product review, social media promotion, online product promotion / review, etc. In different cases, companies/businesses buy services with the money of ordinary consumers.
Advantages and benefits of e-commerce
He has say about the benefits and advantages of e-commerce as a customer.
- You can sell and buy products and services in your city, in your own country, or around the world.
- Lots of benefits of e-commerce as a business. Because, people can buy products at home without going to the store or anywhere else.
- It is possible to buy different or different products from the same place.
- Compared to the local market, the products are available in the online market at lower prices.
- Comes in handy for online marketing and promotion of the company.
- There are various e-commerce websites from which if you do not like the product after buying it, you have the opportunity to return the product.
- Through product review, we can know the product quality and other issues related to the product.
- Profitable offers and deals are available from time to time which makes it possible to buy various items at much lower prices.
- Online marketing of e-commerce business is much easier and more effective than physical business.
- As a consumer, we get the latest products very quickly on these e-commerce platforms.
Do you understand how easy and profitable our shopping has become as a result of e-commerce?
And that’s the reason why e-commerce businesses are so profitable today.
There is no need worry if you give a little discount and good quality product to the consumer.
Hopefully, you may have found the answer to the benefits of e-commerce.
What it takes to start an e-commerce business
If you are think of starting your own e-commerce business, this is a good idea.
However, I will tell you all about this in a separate article.
However, below are some common points that are important in creating an e-commerce website.
- First of all, you have to think that it will be profitable to do business with any product.
- Think about whether the product will be delivered only within your city or across the country.
- If you are thinking of selling a product online, see where you can get that product at a much lower price.
- Stock the product in your godown.
- Register your e-commerce business. Get the necessary trade license etc.
- You need to create an e-commerce platform/website.
- If you want, you can create your e-commerce website using WordPress. Moreover, with some money, a web developer can create his website.
- When it comes to product delivery, please contact a good courier delivery service.
- Once your e-commerce website is up and running, promote it online through digital marketing. In the first case, you need to create a good image of your e-commerce website.
- In the first case, the customers have to do it with many discounts without thinking of reducing the profit.
- Once people get good by buying things from your online store, gradually, your good image (brand) will be created.
- After gaining some popularity, you can think of making a profit.
So you understand how to start your own electronic business?
The future of online e-COMMERCE business
See, at the moment you or I like to shop a lot.
Because we can easily find anything, we need through our mobile.
Moreover, many things are not available in the local markets that we can easily find online.
Therefore, the demand for e-commerce and the importance of e-commerce are huge at present.
But, the question, will there be a demand for it in the future?
The answer is very straightforward, “Of course there will be and there will be more than now”.
The use of e-commerce platforms is doubling every year.
In the past, people were hesitant to shop online.
However, just as the number of Internet users is increasing, the number of people shopping online is also growing rapidly.
With the improved and digital environment and modern lifestyle, people are now beginning to believe in these kinds of online shopping processes.
Online e-commerce is moving fast with the benefits of various offers , best product quality, product variety , cash on delivery and fast home delivery .
So, in a word, there are a lot of opportunities in e-commerce business and there will be a lot of profit in this type of business in the future.
What we learned today,
Friends, today we have learned what is e-commerce business ( what is e-commerce in Bangla ), types of e-commerce and how e-commerce works.
Moreover, we also talked about the history of this online business system.
If you are also thinking of doing business online, you can.
However, one has to start working with a literary idea and planning.
At present, e-commerce business is very profitable and many people are doing this business.
This is what I always try to do, so that I can give you completely accurate and working information.
So, if you like the article on ” What is E-Commerce“
Then it would help if you shared the article.
In addition, if you have any questions or suggestions related to the article, please let us know in the comments below.